Not sure which PC case to get for new ATX build?

Felidire

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
It'll be air cooled, and have 3 HDDs & 3 SSDs. I'm just sick of tinkering around in cramped little cases, hands constantly crashing into things and fingers getting cut. Does anyone happen to know of any good ones in the $100-400 range?

I'm looking for a very large case, with good dust filters.

Was previously using the:
- Silverstone Raven RV04. (219mm (W) x 581mm (H) x 497mm (D))

I'm currently looking at the:
- NZXT Phantom 820 (235 mm (W) x 650 mm (H) x 612 mm (D)),
- Corsair Obsidian 900D (692mm x 252mm x 650mm)

I believe they're both 5'ish years old, but can't find anything more recent.

Cases I've already considered:
- Define S
- BitFenix Aurora
- Corsair Carbide Series Air 740
- Carbide Series® SPEC-02
- Versa N21
- Nineteen Hundred Green
- Phanteks Enthoo Pro
- Level 10 GT
- NZXT Noctis 450
- Thermaltake Core X9
- Thermaltake Core W200

I have a define r4 and LOVE it. Out of that list my next choice would be Phantecks.

My work has gotten many prebuilt boxes with thermaltake cases (not in any way our decesion) and at best they are just ergonomically poorly designed (like a front drive bay cover you can only open by grabbing at bottom of PC), or worse have little pieces (like feet) that constantly break off. SO between that and their overal lack of features for the price of competition I do not in any way recommend Thermaltake.

Felidire

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Thanks for the opinions. Checked out Define r4 & r5, both seemed good, but looked a little small for me.

Went on the Phanteks site, and their Elite/Primo cases looked really damn nice. If the elite was $100-200 cheaper I just might've grabbed it, went with the Enthoo Primo PH-ES813P though.