Freezes to one program (Chrome also randomly goes back a page)

Dreis1996

Commendable
Mar 25, 2017
Hi,

So basically randomly I will be on a program and try to switch to a different one, and my mouse just wont click on the start bar I can use the program just fine but its like the computer is stuck inside that program. As soon as I control alt delete, and then close that menu its fine again, sometimes for hours sometimes for literally 5 seconds.

I have also noticed that when this happens if im on a page on chrome, it will randomly keep going back a page until the beginning of that tab. It usually only happens when it freezes to chrome, and was also fixed by control alt delete, but today it was doing it all on its own.

I am going to reinstall chrome, but hoping someone has a better idea. It didn't do this when I first upgraded to windows 10.

Solution
Going back page by page until the beginning of the tab, makes me inclined to think it's a stuck alt key or stuck left arrow key, or both as alt+left arrow is the shortcut for going back a page. If a key is stuck, then windows normally hangs until key is depressed. Hope that helps

ryanspringfield

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Going back page by page until the beginning of the tab, makes me inclined to think it's a stuck alt key or stuck left arrow key, or both as alt+left arrow is the shortcut for going back a page. If a key is stuck, then windows normally hangs until key is depressed. Hope that helps

Solution

ryanspringfield

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

any update on your issue?