I've got a navida card and want a 144hz montior but i can only afford freesync. if i buy freesnyc will i be able to use 144hz

Kellyftw95

Commendable
May 19, 2016
i've got the gtx 1080 and i really want a 144hz montior. having 144hz montior will also will benefit my epillpesy. yet, the Gsync is soo expensive, i can't afford it. i can however afford some of the freesync monitors. will i still be able to use the 144z on the new monitor or will i have to get a gsnyc monitor?

Solution
You can definitely use 144hz but there will be tearing. However at that refresh rate it shouldn't be too noticeable.

If you use game settings that keep you above 144fps, you can set the nvidia control panel to fast sync and that should reduce tearing even more.
You can definitely use 144hz but there will be tearing. However at that refresh rate it shouldn't be too noticeable.

If you use game settings that keep you above 144fps, you can set the nvidia control panel to fast sync and that should reduce tearing even more.

Solution

kgt1182

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
Just use Vsync. If your GPU can keep up 144 FPS its good. But you may need to scale down to 100Hz where its easier to hold a minimum framerate (i7 7700K). Generally 100+Hz is very less noticed. I personally dont see much of a difference beyond 72Hz