Best way to find the problem

metalcob

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Some months ago I upgraded my pc, but it never performed as it should (in games).
The FPS I get are much lower than expected.

Now I'm just wondering what is the best way to test if it is my GPU, CPU, motherboard's or RAM that causes the problem.
Are there any software tools that could help me find the source of the problem?
Or any other way that you could advice me?

Specs: Motherboard: Z97P-D3, CPU: i5 4690k, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB OC, 8GB RAM DDR3, SSD 850 evo 256GB.

PS: There is a relevant thread most likely, but I didn't know what to "search" to find it. Sorry for spamming.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The best way to test your entire system would probably be UserBenchmak's PC speed test tool,
link: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Software

Welcome to our freeware PC speed test tool. UserBenchmark will test your PC and compare the results to other users with the same components. You can quickly size up your PC, identify hardware problems and explore the best upgrades.

Download it, run it and when results appear, the UserBenchmark site tells you which of your components are under-performing compared to the average.

Ravi Sankar

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Go to Windows Performance and Information Tools under control panel and Run the Assessment and publish scores here so that we could analyze in right area

And Also
Performance Test from Passmark.com is very good, you can run and compare with the most of the systems online, it will give more precise results

metalcob

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Okay, I think that I found the problem. Seems that I'm stupid enough that I hadn't noticed something.

The guy that set up my pc didnt say anything about missing pins from PSU to GPU.
So, my PSU only has a 6+2 pin while my GPU has a 6 and an 8 pin input.
There is currently connected just the 6 pin on the card.

Is this be the problem that my GPU is underperforming (low fps in games)?

PS. userbenchmark crashes my pc when trying to test my GPU

metalcob

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Thanks. Could my GPU have been damaged from this?