Computer won't start

JoelPho

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Today I just replaced my gpu (nvidia gtx 950) and got a asus GeForce gtx 1060 6gb gddr5. And I also got some more ram (cuz why not). But now my computer is stuck on my motherboard starting screen where it asks press <Del> to run BIOS setup or <F11> for boot menu. And my keyboard is working, I tested it on my laptop. And when I press either of those keys nothing happens. It had also asked me earlier that i needed to "update" it since there's new parts and I went to that and it went to the Motherboard settings where I can OC it and it shows my hardrives. But then nothing seemed to happen so I shut my pc down and keep trying and nothin seems to be working and like o said before now I'm stuck at the press del screen. (It had also been having a black but the pc was on and I would get 9C, 92, 99 and maybe some more numbers in the bottom right corner. Hope this helps. Thanks.

My mother board- MSI 970A-G43 Plus

CPU- AMD fx 6300

Solution
try removing the graphics card and install the drivers for the card first then shut down computer and insert the card
and of course make sure the power cables for the gpu are pluged in
and i dont know the size of your PSU but i hope you done have anyhting less than 500 watt PSU

ram wise
is it the same brand and frequincy ram (DONT MIX AND MATCH RAM) if thats not the case
remove new ram and try too boot

OCD Tweaker

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
try removing the graphics card and install the drivers for the card first then shut down computer and insert the card
and of course make sure the power cables for the gpu are pluged in
and i dont know the size of your PSU but i hope you done have anyhting less than 500 watt PSU

ram wise
is it the same brand and frequincy ram (DONT MIX AND MATCH RAM) if thats not the case
remove new ram and try too boot

Solution

JoelPho

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Thank you! Well i can get to my normal computer screen and everything but if I ever restart/Shutdown my computer it either goes through a really long process of loading and asking me to go through default load settings or it just stays black for a while. But then eventually I'll get back to my normal pc. Any way to make it not go through this very long rocess or is my computer just messed up?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts