144hz Monitor but tests show its only runing 60hz also stuttering while gaming.

FMJ_Twitch

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Anyone have any idea what could cause this?
The monitor i'm using is a ASUS ROG Swift PG2780 G-Sync Monitor
Below I have provided a link to my proof also could this be why all my games have micro stutter?

http://imgur.com/a/2ApYF

Solution

Despite what Snickers333 said, Chrome does in fact support 144hz. Starting to wonder where people are getting this information. That is a few threads this week with various false claims. My favorite one was saying Creative Soundcore 3d was a realtek chip.

wjQJldS.png

What you need to do is go into the Chrome settings and at the bottom click "show advanced settings". Then near the bottom of there, enable "Use hardware acceleration when available".

As for microstutter in...

Despite what Snickers333 said, Chrome does in fact support 144hz. Starting to wonder where people are getting this information. That is a few threads this week with various false claims. My favorite one was saying Creative Soundcore 3d was a realtek chip.

wjQJldS.png

What you need to do is go into the Chrome settings and at the bottom click "show advanced settings". Then near the bottom of there, enable "Use hardware acceleration when available".

As for microstutter in games, if you have vsync enabled ingame and gsync on in the driver, that might cause problems but i've never experienced that myself. Microstutter is generally a SLI/X-fire issue. What is the rest of your rig?

Solution

FMJ_Twitch

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

DP and yes its set at 144hz

FMJ_Twitch

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

Thank you turning on "Use hardware acceleration when available" was the fix!