Windows 10 fresh install many failed to install updates ( listed them for anyone that can help )

allen75

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
So I purchased a pre built gaming PC from Micro Center on Friday , Power Spec 313 model and when I got home to set it up it as it was going through the process it told me there were updates waiting to install , I let it do its thing and it said something went wrong missing or damaged files didnt copy down exactly what it said I apologize , also I had a WD 1 TB storage drive installed and on every power on after the initial boot it would say " Intel Rapid Storage Technology " and a bunch of other stuff on a solid black screen for about 5 seconds than go into regular start up , I called Micro Center they said bring it in, they told me they installed a fresh image of Windows 10 Anivers. They told me all windows updates and drivers installed perfect , I noticed they uninstalled Intel Rapid Storage and when I looked in the Windows Update history I seen this

Intel - Other hardware - Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PMC - A121 failed to install

Intel - System - 11/16/2016 12:00:00 AM - 11.6.0.1042 Failed to install

NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7653 Failed to Install

Intel Corporation - Other hardware - Intel(R) Serial IO UART Host Controller - A127 Failed to install

Intel - Other hardware - Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family SMBus - A123 Failed to install

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Audio Device, Other hardware - Realtek High Definition Audio Failed to Install

all the dates were 3/25/2017 ( when they were working on it )

Can anyone please tell me if this is normal or did they just delete the Intel Rapid Storage for some reason ? It use to have a icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen under the pointing up arrow , I searched for the program its not there anymore and the tech said he never removed anything an all the windows drivers and updates were good

allen75

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Also I forgot to mention I am in my exchange window , but if this is not normal they start talking stuff I dont understand and tell me that it is normal ....

BJN0F8

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

I think you should try a restart and perform windows update as soon as you're up and running. Worst case scenario if windows update continues to fail... You would need to do another fresh install of Windows 10, for something is corrupt or -preventing windows update from installing the updates. If you have any antivirus software installed... delete it.... There are only a few which actually benefit your system, many cause more problems than they should. I'm definitely not saying dont use antivirus, I'm just saying pick a good one.

allen75

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017

allen75

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Micro Center did a fresh install nothing else is on my computer this is one day old I ran windows update again and had errors I have no anti virus