General Computing Board - Replacing Terrible ASUS P8Z77-V Pro

mml373

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
Several years ago I bought 2 x ASUS P8Z77-V Pro boards and built a couple of computers for business use. I put the computers into storage last year, pulled them out of storage a few weeks ago to find the CMOS batteries had died and the BIOSes were corrupt. I am working with ASUS to try to have the boards replaced or the BIOS chips replaced...but am not sure they'll be of much help.

The computer store that diagnosed the problem said that these boards are terrible for this problem, so my hope is that ASUS will fix the issue or offer some sort of replacement board that does not have this issue...at a greatly reduced cost.

Barring that, can anyone suggest a similar board to the P8Z77-V Pro that will work with my existing i7-7700K processors and memory used with the ASUS board? My hope is to find a couple of boards that I can swap into my ATX case, reusing the processors and memory (which tested fine.) Prefer ASUS, despite my experience with the two P8Z77-V Pro boards.

I don't need leading edge tech...older generation boards such as the ones I'm replacing are suitable, especially if available at a discount. :)

Thanks in advance.

Regarding your "existing i7-7700K processors".

You will likely need a 6th Generation CPU to flash the BIOS to use a 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPU (i7-7700K) on an Intel 100 Series Chipset motherboard. A 6th generation Pentium G3900 is about $50.

Asus makes a couple Micro-ATX DDR3 100 Series motherboards with DDR3 that end with D3. Most DDR3 models are no longer produced and may command extra high prices.

The are no DDR3 Intel 200 Series motherboards.

ASUS Z170M-E D3
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABB75CP5878

My advise, forget the DDR3 and get an Intel 200 Series motherboard with DDR4 for an i7-7700K CPU.

Old Socket LGA 1155 motherboard such as P8Z77-V Pro can be found in the used marketplace - eBay.