Can't run 64bit programs on 64bit Windows?

Wulfee

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
If you guy's don't mind I'm going to explain this in a video, I feel it will be better to explain this way.

For those that don't want to take the time to watch the video, any programs I launch or any installers thats for 64bit, will instantly crash or not load, if it crashes it always give me this error

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application."

What I personally think what caused this issue, on the 3/23/17 I was prompted by windows for an update. Later on the night I did the update and restarted, after rebooting. I was stuck on my windows logo before the lock screen. I also have a clip showing this in my video below. After some time I was able to get back into my desktop but everything was completely broken. I wasn't able to open my start menu, couldn't load 98% of my programs without the error above. Nothing! Eventually I tried a system restore point and it failed! I got tired of this and did a system reset, mostly everything is fixed but anything that is a 64bit program does not work!

Any ideas?
Here is the video explaining more in depth. ----> Here

Solution

Do you have CA Internet Security installed? If so, reboot into safe mode and remove it.

If not, reboot into Safe Mode and do a full virus scan.

If that doesn't help, try a Clean Boot to see if you still have the same problem.

gardenman

Splendid

Do you have CA Internet Security installed? If so, reboot into safe mode and remove it.

If not, reboot into Safe Mode and do a full virus scan.

If that doesn't help, try a Clean Boot to see if you still have the same problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS