Monitor entering power save mode

Nexdoreum

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
Hi guys, I was just playing DotA 2 and on 3 seperate occasions my monitor seemed to stop receiving input and entered power saving mode for around 5 seconds before turning back on. I could still hear the game sounds and people on the in-game VOIP and could still move around etc. but there's was no display. This has never happened before today, I'm rather worried as I can not afford to replace this system right now. Any tips? I've checked the cables and there's no loose connections and my power save settings are as I left them (to never shut the monitor off) and my system temps are normal (3-4 hour session of DotA 2 average CPU temp over all cores 49C and GPU 57C).

Specs are (about 7 month old build):

Strix GTX 1070 8GB OC Edition
i7-6700k (stock speeds) with Noctua DH-14 heat sink
16GB DRR4 RAM Quad-channel @ 2666 MHz
ACER Predator XB240 monitor
650W EVGA Supernova P2 PSU
ASUS Maxmimus Hero VIII mobo

Nexdoreum

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
Yes it does, however, I disabled it as far as I remember. And since last night I've played other games (and DotA 2 again to see if it would reoccur), watched streams on Twitch and Youtube vids and it hasn't happened since and my system temps and power usage are still as normal so I'm slightly confused. Although I have noticed the blue light that indicates the monitor is on and powered has stopped showing up so maybe it's the monitor that is dying. Why that would be I don't know as it is only 7 months old (bought it with the rest of the rig) and it's not damaged at all.