BSOD while gaming

TribalJake

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
BSOD has been quiet for awhile til mass effect came out. Anywho I tried a boatload of things today to fix it but nah it hates me. Heres some info though.

Dumps 1
Crash List
Dumps 2

2 different sites for the .dmp files cause idk what you like better. I think it's my ram but who knows. There's also a pic of my RAM problem on those sites as well.

Uploaded a new dump since trying to fix what you said. 032917-39656-01.dmp

Solution
Soooo I finally fixed this. I was on Newegg fixing to buy a new motherboard and chip when I took a look at my old motherboard and seen a rather interesting review that was saying something about my 8350 chip. So I clicked and it said if you were using these you had to manually put the CPU voltage to 1.4 and you wouldn't BSOD anymore. I did just that and everything has been working flawlessly.
Update these drivers amdide64.sys theyre 5 yrs old AMD PCI SATA/IDE Bus Driver

I would uninstall Glary Tools

Your Logitech cam drivers are 10 yrs old LVUSBS64.sys.

Either update them or remove it, and get something more recent. Old drivers can crash windows

Your steel series drivers are 3 yrs old SAlpham64.sys, SteelBus64.sys

TribalJake

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

I think I did everything right. Will probably delete the cam driver since I don't use it anymore. Uploaded a new dump file.

I looked at the most current memory dump, it still had the old drivers in it.
you should delete all of non current memory dumps. You will want to install the current motherboard drivers and not use the generic windows versions. particularly for the audio drivers. It also looks like your BIOS is set to run in IDE mode rather than the faster AHCI. you can google "how to change from ide to ahci mode in windows"
or maybe look here:https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/987378-how-to-switch-from-ide-to-ahci-without-repairingreinstalling-windows/

TribalJake

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

Round 3. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rwyrk4o4zhd0da5/AACrYIF3hijhTCqj9eC2vEBxa?dl=0

this could be a bug in the GPU driver, or a side effect of the overclocking software (can not tell). I would update the motherboard audio driver just in case it is corrupting the GPU audio support for the HDMI cable. (best guess)

bugcheck was caused by graphics subsystem tring to free up a bad memory address (-1)

overclocking software running(NTIOLib_X64.sys )
MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger & MSI Smart Utilities.

older driver:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\SAlpham64.sys Tue May 27 09:46:34 2014
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\SteelBus64.sys Tue May 27 09:42:05 2014

this driver does not match your other USB drivers
AMD USB Filter Driver (not sure if it would be any problem)
SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\usbfilter.sys Thu May 7 01:43:50 2015

you might update your network driver from here: (not the cause of this problem)
Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
machine info:
BIOS Version V13.6
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 06/01/2015

Manufacturer MSI
Product 990FXA-GD80 (MS-7640)
Version 2.2
Processor Version AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Processor Voltage 8dh - 1.3V
External Clock 200MHz
Max Speed 4000MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz

looks like there is only one driver update for the board:
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/990FXA-GD80.html#down-driver&Win10 64

TribalJake

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

Deleted software and did the updates. That damn usbfilter though is annoying. It's showing a usb is corrupted. I unplugged and replugged everything and it still shows up. No idea how to get rid of it. Newest BSOD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phuaat5qg5o7j5j/040917-62578-01.dmp?dl=0

I would change the memory dump type to kernel then run verifier.exe
IE start cmd.exe as an admin then run
verifier.exe /standard /all
and reboot the system to see if it finds a problem with one of your drivers.

Note: be sure you know how to get into safe mode if the machine bugchecks during the boot process. Also, you have to turn verifier off when done testing via:
verifier.exe /reset
(or your machine will run slowly until you run that command)

you might also want to remove winring0x64.sys

you might go here and install the utilities to get a updated file for your USB
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/990FXA-GD80.html#down-utility&Win8 64
then see if the uninstaller actually works to uninstall.

hopefully verifier will call a bugcheck an name a driver that is causing a problem. Otherwise the debugger is complaining about memory corruption.

machine:
BIOS Version V13.6
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 06/01/2015

Manufacturer MSI
Product 990FXA-GD80 (MS-7640)
Version 2.2

Manufacturer MSI
Chassis Type Desktop
Version 2.2
Processor Version AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Processor Voltage 8dh - 1.3V
External Clock 200MHz
Max Speed 4000MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz

TribalJake

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

Did everything as you said but verifier didn't find anything. Deleted that file. Installed the utility and it didn't find a usb update or any update so I uninstalled it. Changed the dump file to kernal. Memory corruption? I shall wait for your response on that cause I know piss all about that.

you should leave verifier running for a while, sometimes drivers do not start eating into other drivers memory until they run out of their own memory space.

you might also want to run memtest86 if you have not. Generally, I have people run verifier if it looks like the corruption was caused by a driver bug rather than just a bogus memory address. in any case the kernel dump should be more helpful.
Knowing memtest86 passes is also useful.

TribalJake

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

What files do you need from the memtest? And are they the ones on my USB I used? It ran almost 24 hours with about 3500 errors. Some test didn't show any errors while some exploded. Going to run verifier all night tonight.

any failure running memtest means your memory timings are not correct or you have a hardware problem.
generally, you would update the BIOS to get the best defaults, if you have mixed memory modules you would have to set the memory timings in BIOS for the slowest module.
looks like the BIOS is up to date, you might reset it to defaults set the memory profile and retest with memtest

I would think the bios timings would be 9,9,9,29 1.5 volt

your memory:
bank 0 4 GB
Speed 800MHz
Manufacturer Corsair
Part Number CML8GX3M2A1600C9
bank 1 8GB
Device Locator A1_DIMM1
Bank Locator A1_BANK1
Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved
Type Detail 4080h - Synchronous
Speed 800MHz
Part Number F3-1600C9-8GXM

bank 2:
4gb CML8GX3M2A1600C9
bank 3:
8gb F3-1600C9-8GXM

TribalJake

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
Soooo I finally fixed this. I was on Newegg fixing to buy a new motherboard and chip when I took a look at my old motherboard and seen a rather interesting review that was saying something about my 8350 chip. So I clicked and it said if you were using these you had to manually put the CPU voltage to 1.4 and you wouldn't BSOD anymore. I did just that and everything has been working flawlessly.

Solution