Blurry text/screen, colors seem a little off

Donil

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
So I bought a gtx 1080 and it works just fine, problem is it that now my monitor looks kinda weird. The screen looks a little bit blurry, is not that noticeable but I can tell when looking at the text of the desktop icons. Also the colors seem off... Like the contrast is weird, but changing that doesn't help. Im using a vga-hdmi adapter, dunno if that could be the reason. I already tried uninstalling and installing the drivers again.

I'd appreciate any information.

Solution
It could absolutely be the adapter, as anything going to VGA will need a digital to analogue converter, and cheap ones of those will absolutely affect image quality. If you're running a ~$500 graphics card, why are you using a VGA input? Does your monitor really not have any digital input at all (DVI? HDMI? Displayport?)

It might not be the problem you're facing, but it is absolutely A problem at least. For the sake of all us budget-contrained gamers who drool over but could never afford a card like the GTX 1080, get a native digital input into a decent monitor please! Otherwise you may as well be running a 3GB 1060 for less than half the price!
Hello... There is Windows feature to improve the look of text display... go to control panel-display-adjust clear type text.

Yes... using an Active digital to analog adaptor can cause ghosting, interference, and weirdness... sometimes slightly changing the output freq will give a sharper picture. B /

It could absolutely be the adapter, as anything going to VGA will need a digital to analogue converter, and cheap ones of those will absolutely affect image quality. If you're running a ~$500 graphics card, why are you using a VGA input? Does your monitor really not have any digital input at all (DVI? HDMI? Displayport?)

It might not be the problem you're facing, but it is absolutely A problem at least. For the sake of all us budget-contrained gamers who drool over but could never afford a card like the GTX 1080, get a native digital input into a decent monitor please! Otherwise you may as well be running a 3GB 1060 for less than half the price!

Solution

Donil

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017

Yeah I know, the monitor is kinda old, I was going to get a 2k 144hz monitor like the next month but in the meantime I have to use the old one, anyway I'm gonna try to use a different monitor to see if that's the problem.