Monitor goes black after graphics card Driver install

Amit_D

Reputable
Mar 28, 2017
I just bought a new cpu, graphics card and mobo other than that using my old hard drive. Connected everything with my old hard drive but the windows 7 I had previously didn't support it, so I did a fresh windows 10 install everything went fine as soon as I installed my graphics card Driver the screen went blank, tried restarting it but the same issue. Then I tried Windows recovery mode and the safe mode, it worked just fine no problems also Installed my graphics card Driver again and restarted in normal mode but no use. I'd appreciate it if I could get any form of help

My specs.
Intel I5 6600 skylake 3.20ghz
8gb ddr4ram
MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060
650w power supply
1+1 tb Sata hard drive

Also I'm using a DVI connector

Solution
All modern motherboards support booting from USB drives. Maybe you need to change the boot order in the BIOS to boot first from a USB drive.

What screen? What ports has it? What cable are you using? You plugged your tv into the 1060? The monitor worked with the 1060 in safe mode?

If the monitor was working before then it should be fine.

cwli1_

Notable
Mar 9, 2017
Before transferring a drive to a new motherboard you need to search 'transferring drive to a new motherboard windows 7'. There's files that need removal first.

It's possible you need an older driver as the latest may not work.

Amit_D

Reputable
Mar 28, 2017
The problem was the the motherboard does not support Windows 7 usb drives because of which it froze, it needs a patch which I figured out later, anyways I installed windows 10. I later figured it out that my monitor was the on the fritz, apparently it would not support my latest graphic card I'm still trying to figure out the problem with my monitor. My CPU works just fine on my TV which I'm currently using, if you could help me figure out the problem with my monitor I'd appreciate it. Do you thing my monitor is too old for my graphics card?

cwli1_

Notable
Mar 9, 2017
All modern motherboards support booting from USB drives. Maybe you need to change the boot order in the BIOS to boot first from a USB drive.

What screen? What ports has it? What cable are you using? You plugged your tv into the 1060? The monitor worked with the 1060 in safe mode?

If the monitor was working before then it should be fine.

Solution

DMinion

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Which board do you have? Which monitor? In Bios check if your setting is on iGPU or PCIE, it's possible with the windows 10 set up your bios set graphics priority to the onboard graphics card. If this is the case simply set it to PCIE.