My PC keeps rebooting 10 minutes into a full factory reset

Mr_Whyman

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
I decided to full factory reset my Windows 10 computer, but it sits at 1% for 10 minutes then turns off the pc and reboots. Is there a reason for this and how could i solve this issue?

Thanks, Liam

Solution
To understand your issue, you need to understand the Master Boot Record. It is "the information in the first sector of any hard disk or diskette that identifies how and where an operating system is located so that it can be boot (loaded) into the computer's main storage or random access memory."

So if you are not able to load into Windows, there's an issue with your MBR. Corrupted, Damaged, either way you'll need to reset it. There's various guides online to help you with that.

In the future, backing up your system with a disk imager (i.e. Drive Cloner, Macrium Reflect, etc) will make this easier, and if possible using a snapshot tool like RollBack Rx or Comodo Time Machine will prevent this from happening.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
To understand your issue, you need to understand the Master Boot Record. It is "the information in the first sector of any hard disk or diskette that identifies how and where an operating system is located so that it can be boot (loaded) into the computer's main storage or random access memory."

So if you are not able to load into Windows, there's an issue with your MBR. Corrupted, Damaged, either way you'll need to reset it. There's various guides online to help you with that.

In the future, backing up your system with a disk imager (i.e. Drive Cloner, Macrium Reflect, etc) will make this easier, and if possible using a snapshot tool like RollBack Rx or Comodo Time Machine will prevent this from happening.

Solution