Should I sell my Core i7 4770K so I can get Ryzen?

Here's my thinking and reasoning as to whether or not I should upgrade. I keep thinking to myself, "It's ridiculous to go through all that work for a new CPU that won't give me all that much extra for gaming." I'm primarily a gamer. So of course the Core i7 4770K is still plenty enough for me. But at the same time it's so new and exciting I want it. Now I know not everyone gets excited about a new CPU but I do. I love seeing extra threads/cores in task manager. I love running Cinebench and getting super high scores. That's absolutely all I'd gain from the processor though. It would be mostly a waste for me until games started making use of more cores in a meaningful way. How long will it be before 8 cores/16 threads starts being used in games in a meaningful way? I'd say 8 years if not longer. By then the Ryzen 7 8 core chip will be so outdated it won't matter that you have the extra cores. So I believe it's best to wait a little longer before I upgrade my CPU. If you agree or disagree let me know and tell me why.