Did I screw up?

weaver11b

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
Ok here's my situation: last year I bought the Asus Ranger Crossblade FM2+ MB along with the AMD A10-7850K APU with integrated Radeon R7 GPU. I was on a tight budget and built it relatively cheap; however I mainly played World of Warcraft on low-medium settings, but now i switched to playing Skyrim and other more GPU demanding games and bought an NVIDIA GTX1050Ti 4GB GPU. I already have an NVIDIA Shield TV which i would kind of like to stream games onto that from my PC.

Now, did i mess up by going with an NVIDIA GPU or should i have went with an AMD and set up a crossfire situation? I should have asked this before i purchased GPU, but was too impatient and now i am second guessing myself. Am i going to be messing up my APU by having an NVIDIA GPU, or doesnt it really matter? Should i also go into device manager and disable the AMD R7 gpu under display adapters? And in the end does it just come down to personal preference for GPUs?

bishopi5

Distinguished
it does not matter at ALL, as soon as you dropped your 1050ti into the Motherboard it disables your iGPU and runs just like a normal CPU not an APU, great decision going with nvida !

It doesn't matter. Crossfire would be of no benefit with integrated graphics.

I should think you would disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS. If they aren't disabled automatically. So they aren't wasting RAM.

weaver11b

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
Ok, thanks for both of the replies, really appreciate it! Quick too! I will check in my BIOS next time i reboot, but in device manager it says my R7 is still active. I am looking forward to seeing what i can get graphics and performance wise now with a dedicated GPU!! so happy!