Strange Command Prompt, Windows 10 will not boot

So, I have a customer's computer. He claims to just updated to Windows 10 using the free method a while back. Two months later, his computer wouldn't boot. It will show the Windows icon (the blue one), then a spinning circle with a black screen. So I used Windows 10 media, and tried to run a sfc /scannow command to make sure system files are in check. However, when I get to the command prompt, it just inputs a bunch of zeros. It recognizes my keyboard because I can press a letter and it will appear, but it will jsut be in between zeros. I unplugged the keyboard, and rebooted, and it still did the same thing. I am now running a System Restore, but I am thinking we may need just do a OS reload.

Before I do that, I just wanted to know if you guys seen anything like this before?

15qb2vc.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
non booting PC is normal around here, most time you can fix them running the fixmbr command below. hard to do that if box fills itself up - can't say I seen it before.

We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type in the following commands, one after the other:
bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /fixMbr
bootrec /fixboot
Exit

Now go ahead and reboot your system. In some cases you may need to run some additional commands.
bootsect /nt60 SYS or bootsect /nt60 ALL

i first thought you wanted to know what sources was until I read message again.

Did you try startup repair? (its on same menu as CMD)

I have seen this on a Dell machine that was reset but the language setting not selected. Or the person had just hit enter without reading the selection so the language was set to the first language on the list. You might reboot and select the correct language or Google throw to set the language coverage at the command prompt.
Take a look at:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/39a41144-ecda-4878-9530-064a453d66af/how-to-change-default-code-page-for-console-application?forum=windowscompatibility

TRENDING THREADS