Can't open programs on Windows 10

Daramoth

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Hi, I had this problem about 2 days ago, I couldn't open for example Steam, or any media, but apps I can't open now worked fine when the problem started. I think and I was sure it was malware so I did a check and cleaned my PC about 6 times with Avast and MalwareBytes but it still consists. Other details are applications like Google Chrome work in Safe mode. I didn't download anything for about 4 days expect a study sheet for a test. I am able to open Task Manager.

Solution
I feel loss of those dead files. You should get another hdd and have 2 in PC, and keep all documents and things you can't afford to lose on the second one + a cloud server + a USB (or maybe I am just paranoid). Then when/if windows dies you only lose the things that would need to be reinstalled with windows again.

Did you keep everything you wanted to save before reset?

Daramoth

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
I tried this to also, no result. same error message. But I did manage to fix it at a great cost. I deleted a shit-ton of files by going into my C: disk and selected everything, after that I moved everything to the trash bin and removed it expect the ones that had problems since I wanted to be careful. After that I did a Factory Reset from boot and that's how I'm typing this from not safe mode. Thanks for the help though!

Colif

Win 11 Master
I feel loss of those dead files. You should get another hdd and have 2 in PC, and keep all documents and things you can't afford to lose on the second one + a cloud server + a USB (or maybe I am just paranoid). Then when/if windows dies you only lose the things that would need to be reinstalled with windows again.

Did you keep everything you wanted to save before reset?

Solution