How to keep previous Windows version after 1 month?

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
I may want to upgrade to Windows 10 in future, however, I want to keep my Windows 7 forever. As we all know, win10 removes that after one month. As far as I know, Windows 7/8 stored in Windows.old folder under C drive, my question is: how I can prevent that folder being deleted automatically after one month?

Task Schedular>local library>Microsoft>Windows>Setup "this task deletes the previous installation folders after a short time"

Maybe deleting/disabling this task enables me to keep my previous Windows 7 forever?

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

There's a option to install windows 10 without a product key via MediaCreationTool provided on MS's ISO page. During the setup, where you supposed to enter the key, there's a button "I don't have a key" and its still valid. I tried it before in this year.

I just want make sure about the thing I mentioned above.

Colif

Win 11 Master

This is likely to leave PC unactivated since if you fresh install without a licence its got nothing to convert unless... did you ever put win 10 on it before? If you did, Microsoft will have a record of win 10 on that PC and might activate it using that licence.

I don't think you can keep win 7 forever, as the conversion doesn't occur on your end. If you use win 10 for a month, its likely the action occurs on MS servers as its them that needs to know if a PC is registered to use Win 10 or not.

None of this is true at all. You bought and own Windows 7, it is yours. When you buy Windows 10 it will also be yours. You can dual boot if you want or you can just keep Windows 7 as a back up if you don't like Windows 10.

You can do that but you still have to buy a product key to have Windows 10. They are not giving it away you know.

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

okay dude chill, I just said my own experience with windows 10 before downgrading back to windows 7, because
all I typed above is true and valid. There is a task like that in Task Schedular. Plus, not everyone can purchase a OS with high prices in different countries, different prices etc nor not everyone lives in UK/US. Changing certain hardware (like RAM) also affects to your original windows 10 copy. Look up on google if you don't believe me.

I'm saying here what I saw before with my own eyes. This is not a yahoo story.