Pc freezes and Sound loop. Requires hard reset.

TennoSkoom

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
So basically i've had this problem for a while now. It happens randomly but sometimes the pc runs for hours with no problem.
I can play games like Warframe, GTA 5 for hours without it freezing but it happens mostly while Paladins and Smite(Hi-Rez games) and other games. Basically in some games the computer can run for hours without a problem while in others it freezes after about 15 minutes.
I have 6gb of ram and i've run Memtest several times for hours and i've had up to 10 passes with no errors i also tried windows memory check tool with no problems as well.
I'm still trying to figure out if this is a RAM problem but i can run games that max out on my ram for hours while others that don't use alot of ram crash very often.
I've 2 sticks of ram, a 4 and a 2 both DDR3.
And also freezes randomly while im not gaming, like using chrome and youtube.
Any ideas what i should do next?

Solution
Open Event Viewer and look for error codes or warnings that occur just before or at the time of the PC freezes.

May take you a few minutes to figure out the Event Viewer's logs and how they are arranged.

Three things to keep in mind:

1) A log may first present "no entries found". However the error collection process can take a few minutes then all of a sudden the various log entries do appear.

2) Right-clicking any given entry will provide more details about what transpired.

3) There will always be some error codes about. Do not be immediately concerned about every one of them - focus on those relevant to the time and circumstances of the freeze ups.

Find some error codes and google accordingly.

Watch out for websites that...

Ralston18

Titan
Open Event Viewer and look for error codes or warnings that occur just before or at the time of the PC freezes.

May take you a few minutes to figure out the Event Viewer's logs and how they are arranged.

Three things to keep in mind:

1) A log may first present "no entries found". However the error collection process can take a few minutes then all of a sudden the various log entries do appear.

2) Right-clicking any given entry will provide more details about what transpired.

3) There will always be some error codes about. Do not be immediately concerned about every one of them - focus on those relevant to the time and circumstances of the freeze ups.

Find some error codes and google accordingly.

Watch out for websites that offer to fix such errors if you download software or need to pay. Those sites will show up no matter what error(s) you are looking for.

Do not immediately react to or apply any given "fix". Look for supporting information that provides some consensus with respect to the problem (freezing) and what fix may be applicable.

See what you can find and post accordingly.

Solution