Should my pc be running games at higher than medium with these specs?

ajakinabox

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Motherboard: ASUS MA5A99X EVO
GPU: RX 480 8gb
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 core black edition
RAM: 16gb ddr3 1866MHz
750 watt power supply
2TB hhd, 1TB hhd, 500gb ssd

just looking to see if I should be running at higher than the like 40 fps on medium settings that I'm getting... used to get more on my older rig and it's really putting me off. (mostly newer games that are having the fps issues but I feel like I should be getting more with this build)

if it might help I have a spare RX 470 4gb that I could use to crossfire with it that's at all possible.
also I'll be getting 16gb more ram soon so i'll have 32gb, any thing other than that just let me know,
any and all suggestions are welcome :D

A 480 + 8350 should be doing better then that.

What is the actual model of the PSU?
Do you have an overclock?
What is the temps of cpu?

16 more gigs of memory wont help you wen most games are barley using 8. If you are using 14+ GB of ram for other purposes then get more ram, if you never exced 12gb it is just money wasted.

Crossfire won't work as not truly the same GPU.

16GB more RAM won't really be necessary unless you do video editing or other development work. The MOST RAM listed as a Recommendation for a game is 16GB, and then there are not many titles needing that much. (Most are still around a 8GB Recommendation.) You may have other requirements that we are not aware of though... but just for gaming, you really don't need more.

ajakinabox

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

I do video editing and graphic design on the side as well so the extra ram i'm getting is for that

ajakinabox

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

i'll just relist all of the stuff cause at the time I was at work and didn't know my info 100%

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Serirs 600W
CPU: AMD FX-8350 black edition 46 C
RAM: 16gb dual-channel ddr3 @1866MHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A99X EVO 45 C
GPU: ATI Radeon RX 480 8gb 59 C
2tb hhd, 1tb hhd, 500gb ssd 35 C(average)
temps are during gaming
also took a look at my ram and it's only running at 722MHz, gonna go into my bios real quick and fix that and see if that does anything.

ajakinabox

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Everything is up to date... kinda a stickler for doing stuff like that, my CPU and GPU usage varies in game but it never gets too much, idk the numbers off the top of my head though nor do I have the time tonight to figure those out sadly.

Also AMD crossfire can be used for multi GPU configurations but the only catch is that they have to be of the same core derivative... the 480 and 470 are both polaris 10 based GPUs so they are of the same core derivative... you sure they couldn't be crossfired?

ajakinabox

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

radeon HD 7780
some 6 core amd cpu
only 8gb ram
450W power supply
and was some how out performing my new rig that's pretty much triple the power of the old