How to fix BSOD (both boot normally and boot from a USB)

shaneffs

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
A BSOD shows up after i installed Windows 10 on my newly built PC (after using it for 2-3 hours). No matter how many times I restart the PC, it shows blue screen error right after and sometimes with different messages (IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER or fltmgr.sys system_thread_exception_not_handled).
Since Windows 10 doesn't allow you to enter Safe Mode from booting up, I have to use a windows 10 installer USB (and I set the boot priority also to that). Guess what, another BSOD, and sometimes even without a error message but just a stopcode on it.
My hard drive is a m.2 SSD and I cannot find anywhere else to format it, the only way I can think of is from Windows installer by USB.
Someone please help if you know any kind of solution. I don't want my newly built PC to become a brick.

(I've tried restarting 3-4 times to reach the repair tool, the screen shows the Windows logo with "preparing for repair" or something and the BSOD shows up right after that. I've also tried to reset the mobo jumper, didn't work.)

Colif

Win 11 Master
what is the bsod /stop code you are getting when booting from installer? its unusual to get them on USB

They all look like driver errors, fltmgr = Microsoft Windows file system filter manager file

What are specs of PC? What motherboard do you have? Did you turn off secure boot as on some motherboards it will just ignore the USB and it could be PC was just trying to use hdd again.

shaneffs

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
So I figured out the solution. It is one of the CPU core failure. When I turned all core functioning to 3 cores, system boots and works fine. Does anyone know what would cause the one core failure though? Is it often just pure manufacture defect?