DVI-D to DP adapter not supporting 144hz?

vdjbowes

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
ive owned a xl2411t monitor for awhile and have had no problem on my 960 because it had a dvi-d plug in but ive upgraded to a 1080ti and there is no dvi-d port but it came with an adapter. i plugged in the adapter but now i cant use 144hz. is the work around to buy just a straight dvi-d to dp cable or am i missing something?

vdjbowes

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
the 1080ti founders addition only has 3 dp ports and a hdmi port. the aftermarket 1080ti cards that will have the dvi-d port are not out yet. my question is if anyone has used a dp to dvi-d cable instead of the adapter that came with the card that is limited to 60fps in order to get 144hz. i may just buy the cable just to see if it will

vdjbowes

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
doing more research ive found an adapter that can handle 144hz it just costed me $150, the other adapters i was looking into including the one that came with the card can only handle 60hz. ill be getting it on monday and im hoping this will be the solution to my problem. thanks for the input guys the site i was looking into about the aftermarket cards must have been old

TRENDING THREADS