Help installing Windows 10 from Windows 7 (Two separate drives)

MiasmicRain

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
I have a 1.5tb HDD that has been in use over many computers for quite some time, and it's slow. Decided to finally order an SSD on newegg (Samsung 960 evo, 256gb) to occupy the m.2 slot on my Asus z170 Pro Gaming motherboard.
The HDD right now has an unlicensed copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I am buying Windows 10 legit and I am wondering if I put the SSD into the m.2 slot and get my computer to recognize it, would I be able to use a program or some sorts in order to install Windows 10 directly to it from my Windows 7 operating system? I do not have a CD reader/burner nor do I have a USB. I am willing to get a USB if it's not possible, however. If installing from the BIOS is my only option, I know how to install windows from there I would just rather not.

Solution
If you really must not use usb then get the iso. Mount it and run setup.exe. It'll install on top of 7 as an upgrade. Then clone it to the m.2. Or clone first and upgrade while running on the m.2.

MiasmicRain

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017

I do not have a USB/Flash drive handy.

MiasmicRain

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017

I may use that if I'm so desperate. Thank you. Sounds like I am better off getting a USB