Laptop restarts automatically when turning on after trying to restore

Hayden McLaren

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Just after I restored my laptop it came up with an error that there was a problem so I canceled the restore, when it restarted it came up with something about deleting JMR or something like that and I accidentally hit yes and so ever time I go to start it after finishing with the brand logo it restarts for an infinite loop can anyone help?

Laptop: Acer aspire F5 - 573
Intel core I5
GeForce 980mx
8 gb ram
1 tb

Solution
JMR is Malware, so you're facing a pretty heavy infection.

If you have a disk image or other backup, recommend using that to restore the machine.

Otherwise, you can try resettting the MBR but I caution against that as you could be further infecting your system and other devices on the same network, especially with an infection like this, best bet (even if it's a real bummer) is to re-install the OS.

If anything, your biggest takeaway if you don't already is to back up your data. Something like RollBack Rx Home Edition is free and will help prevent things like this from happening again.

Best of Luck.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
JMR is Malware, so you're facing a pretty heavy infection.

If you have a disk image or other backup, recommend using that to restore the machine.

Otherwise, you can try resettting the MBR but I caution against that as you could be further infecting your system and other devices on the same network, especially with an infection like this, best bet (even if it's a real bummer) is to re-install the OS.

If anything, your biggest takeaway if you don't already is to back up your data. Something like RollBack Rx Home Edition is free and will help prevent things like this from happening again.

Best of Luck.

Solution