How do I re-scale my screen size?

New Void

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
Hi,

I just bought a 4k Smart TV and will use my 1080p laptop connected via HDMI to turn my TV into a PC monitor as well, of course with separate mouse and keyboard. The question is how do I make the display smaller? I am not talking about changing the resolution or anything but I want to make it so the visible display sits inside the TV screen so its more of a monitor size. This is so when I use the TV as a TV It can fill the TV screen normally but when used as a PC monitor, the screen size is reduced and pulled down for convenience. I cannot find one but there must be a free application out there somewhere for this. BTW I run Windows 10.

Thank You

New Void

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

Correct. Imagine putting an A2 paper on your PC screen and that A2 paper being the reduced size of the visible display meaning surrounding it is just a black box of the rest of the TV screen that is not being used. Similarly I want to minimise the visible display as if you are pressing restore on a web page but instead you are doing it to the entirety of the display