Not boot after resetting factory .

Cristiancut

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
Hello , i have laptop Asus k57 and in this morning i want to reset pc and i have do that , there said was a problem , and now my pc is only black screen , no loading cirlce appear , what i can to do?.

Solution
Your laptop only has win 7 drivers, that is going to be a problem getting 10 back on. You might have to install win 7 after all and then try to update it to 10 once its patched up.

Asus X54H

Colif

Win 11 Master
is it a blank screen with a flashing cursor?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << if you don't have it already (possibly just a boot disc)

windows might still be there and is just hidden from boot loader, try this:
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type in the following commands, one after the other:
bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /fixMbr
bootrec /fixboot
Exit

Now go ahead and reboot your system. In some cases you may need to run some additional commands.
bootsect /nt60 SYS or bootsect /nt60 ALL

sometimes resets are too effective and delete windows so do a fresh install using that USB above
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Cristiancut

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
Thanks for reply , but i don't have an alternative PC.
If i have an win7 CD installer i can install win7?. Will appear windows 7 to install?. Sorry for my english.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can't find your laptop model so I don't know what version of windows it came with.

Can't you get someone to download it for you as its multi use, can be used by more than 1 person?

I wouldn't put win 7 on it as its too many steps to get it back to win 10 again, its much easier with the installer. Win 7 requires 412+ patches to get to latest version, that can take days. And if you used that licence to upgrade to win 10, then its likely not going to work on win 7 now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would be more inclined to get laptop fixed in a shop and get them to put 10 on again than to put win 7 on it now.

if you have an unusued win 7 licence then you could put 7 on it but it will take time to get it up to date again.

Colif

Win 11 Master

I assumed you had a CD now so use it if you do. May only need another PC to get drivers unless you have an install disc for them now. You will need a driver for your internet access to get everything else otherwise.