Very high Disk Usage on Windows 10

Marcelina14

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
Hey,
I don't know where to exactly put this but I've been getting really high disk usage when downloading games or even doing a virus scan on my antivirus. I've tried disabling Windows Search, Superfetch, I've disabled windows notifications, I've disabled the setting "Use a Predication service to load pages more quickly" in Google Chrome.. I genuinely think I have tried everything possible but yet the problem still continues.
Right now I'm doing a virus scan, and the disk usage is at 99% going up to 100% occasionally
http://i63.tinypic.com/1eb05i.jpg

I'm running out of ideas. Some people have been telling me to re-install windows 10 altogether, but I don't know.

Solution
That is windows system processes. On that slow of a hard drive you are going to see that spike at the beginning. Basically windows is loading background processes and is performing an indexing/cache check. It will always do this at a fresh start up after a shut down or a restart. But then it will balance out and everything will be fine. Just be patient with it as you have a basic slower HDD. To make this process not be as bad you need a faster HDD that is 7200rpm. Also, having the HDD being a 6GB/s vs a 3GB/s SATA can make a huge difference.

Marcelina14

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
Uhh I didn't know how to exactly get all that information. All I know is that the model is HTS541010A9E680 and it has 5400rpm.

Update: After the virus scan, the disk usage is around 1% to 10% max.
2nd Update: Disk usage was at 99% at startup and for a few minutes, it just changes from 60% to 99% real quick..
What is this :/

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
That is windows system processes. On that slow of a hard drive you are going to see that spike at the beginning. Basically windows is loading background processes and is performing an indexing/cache check. It will always do this at a fresh start up after a shut down or a restart. But then it will balance out and everything will be fine. Just be patient with it as you have a basic slower HDD. To make this process not be as bad you need a faster HDD that is 7200rpm. Also, having the HDD being a 6GB/s vs a 3GB/s SATA can make a huge difference.

Solution