complicated pc problem

Little_Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
So I did not know how should I call this, but I have a pc not booting up and there might be several reasons for that.

I installed a new PCI network card to fix another problem and my pc stopped booting up. Only the fans were spinning. I tried removing the network card. Nothing. Tried the usual procedure, by changing RAM, CPU etc. nothing. After some try and fail tests, my gpu's fans suddenly stopped spinning and I have no more clues if the gt 630 is working anymore....

I suspect 2 reasons: failing PSU (no name Sohooo 500W unit which I bought because I was forced even though I knew it belongs to the 5th tier (lowest) of PSUs. My second guess would be a faulty wiring scheme on the motherboard...what do you think?

Little_Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
I removed the network card first...I hope the PSU didn't take the mobo with it, as it is an ancient lga 775 (had it for 8 years) and I don't have money for a new PC just yet and an old lga 775 mobo ain't worth it anymore....if the PSU is fine, you think I should throw the mobo away?

No, I think you should throw the PSU away regardless, and try and find out what is actually wrong.

Breadboard it, see what happens, you may have lost everything because of the PSU).

Little_Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
So I borrowed a PSU from my father's workplace and it wouldn't boot up...after my father open them (I'm still not home) he realised both of them are broken (in the case of my original PSU he's not sure...)...Anyway, he thinks we should buy a new PSU. So I have to order a new PSU. In shops, here, we don't have the like of EVGA, Seasonic etc. We, instead, have Chieftec, Deepcool, Gamemax, Gembird, LC Power, Antec, 1 NZXT, etc. .aspx]http://www.fantastic.md/surse-de-alimentare-[145].aspx (that's all we got). My budget is around 50$ (1$ = 20 LEI, the price of that shop)....so what do you think I should choose? I am from Europe, btw...Is an Antec VP500P v2 good? Any other good psu?