RealTek Ethernet Problem

CiggyZ

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
Hey I really need help with this, I come a cross a problem were the computer cant even connect to the internet out of nowhere using the ethernet cable (Windows 10), I tried Device Manager and its recognisable as the RealTek Family Controller, I update it by selecting from the list and I get "The Data is invalid", I then pursue to install the latest driver, I then get an error regarding the Sleep Mode and you should disable it from Power Managment, I go back to the Device Manager and there isnt even a Power Management tab, I uninstall the driver and install the driver again, same message. I know the ethernet cable is working, as I flashed the bios with the internet and the internet is working perfectly with Kali Linux, I tried booting in safe mode with networking (Doing what I did in normal mode) and also I tried option number 7 (Forgot what the option is, but its got something to do with the drivers). Then when I booted the mouse stopped working, only keyboard was working. Please help me. Its Windows 10 by the way.

Solution

Bro I found the solution, You have to go into msconfig and disable a couple of checkboxes to see which one works, because the drivers dont get recognised because some startup applications interfere with the drivers. Thanks for trying to help me out.

CiggyZ

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

Bro I found the solution, You have to go into msconfig and disable a couple of checkboxes to see which one works, because the drivers dont get recognised because some startup applications interfere with the drivers. Thanks for trying to help me out.

Solution