Unable to receive ipv6 access is this due to my Wifi Repeater?

Vonixzee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
I have tried multiple methods such as re enabling teredo tunneling through command prompt and putting in dns settings manually etc but cannot receive ipv6, I have a Kogan wifi repeater and I'm using a tp link usb wifi adapter for my pc, I can see either of these being the problem for me not being able to receive ipv6 access but ipv4. The only reason I need ipv6 working is because the xbox app disallows me to play with ipv4 connections which I see as ridiculous and I cannot play forza online. If there is any type of solution such as a newer repeater a link or suggestion would be highly appreciated as I could not find any myself

First off, I can find ZERO information about xbox not working with ipv4 connections, that would seem crazy stupid at this point in time as many ISPs have not even moved to ipv6.

Secondly:
You have a repeater and a wifi adapter which means you are getting WiFi from some other source, meaing you have ZERO contorl over the source.
Let me first specifcy there are 2 IP addresses, your local one you see at the computer when you type ipconfig in command prompt, and the WAN IP address your router uses; Microsoft does not see and does not care about your local address, only the WAN address.
Using IPv6 for local address (behind the router) is completley pointless stupid as IPv4 using only the 10.x.x.x subnet provides 16 MILLION addresses which is plenty for even a very large company like amazon or dell.
So there is no point to use IPv6 on the local LAN side of the router, and as far as the WAN side that is completley up to the ISP if they use IPv4 or IPv6.

Thus in short this is something you have ZERO control over, and more likely you have a different issue stopping connection than not having an IPv6 address because it is way to early to stop support for IPv4.