No audio through audio interface/hdmi

BouncePass

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Hello everyone,

I recently changed my boot order on my motherboard and replaced a sata cable to one of my ssd's (this ssd only has video games installed on it) and since then I have no sound through my audio interface or hdmi to my monitor speakers. I also rearranged two of the sata ports on my machine, but I never moved the ssd that has the operating system and drivers on it. However, windows still detects my audio interface and when I play sound I can see the levels moving in the "sound" window of windows, but nothing is played.

I use an ID14 audio interface. I've made sure all the sample rates are correct. I've reinstalled the drivers for both the audio interface and graphics card (1070). I reinstalled the realtek audio drivers for my motherboard (MSI gaming 5) and made sure that onboard audio was switched on in the bios (I've tried with it off as well) and so far I've had no luck.

I can hear audio through my usb headphones just fine.

Any ideas? I'm really out of them myself. I submitted a ticket to my audio interface manufacturer, but I really believe the problem here lies with windows and something I did changing these drives around.

It was working just fine last night.

EDIT: I've also made sure to check the mixer levels and default audio device.

BouncePass

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Well, I'm not even sure what I did. I unplugged my usb 3.0 hub and unplugged my audio device, then plugged them back in and now it works. Not sure what happened, as I did that before as well. Can delete this thread.