Appeal a Parking Fine

tina80

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
I received a Parking Charge Notice end of February from DRP stating that I have to pay £149 by 8/3/17 for parking illegally on 29/12/16. They further stated that their client sent me two further letters reminding me to pay the initial charge. I never received those two letters.

I responded with images saying 1) there is no sign to pay that I cannot park on the parking bay I parked. 2) I never received the two letters their client has sent by post. 3) Proof of posting the two letters.

Their response was that; 1) that there is a sign 2) Their client had sent me two letters 3) I have to contact our sorting office if there are issues of not receiving letters.

They have also mentioned a supreme court case in November 2015 and that they will recommend their client to take court actions if I fail to pay by 7/4/17.

Please advise.

tina80

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks! I was hoping that someone who has received a similar fine will give me advice. I feel very unfair to issue a parking charge when there is no notice (or the notice is not visible to the drivers). Also I receive my mail fine by royal mail and wonder why I have not received their initial two letters.