BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe

Avernite

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Greetings

I've been having my system crash to bsod often for the past couple of years, it seems that it've became worse lately, it now crashes several times a day with various lines, usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL.

The funny part is that it only happens when browsing internet, never in games.

I have done memtest and dskchk with no errors, ive also flashed bios and changed my gpu.
Can someone help me identifying the problem? thx

screenshot of BSV:
http://imgur.com/a/xZGxJ

minidump:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uad7rnmhlofo28w/040617-24390-01.dmp?dl=0

My specs:
CPU: FX 8320 slightly oc'ed
GPU: RX 470
mobo: ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 latest bios version
RAM: Samsung 8Gb DDR-III 1600MHz
PSU: 500W Corsair CX500M

Avernite

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Well, i didnt have any problems for 3 days, and as i was singing hallelujah, i bsoded....twice...with a new kind of error

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
ntoskrnl.exe
amdppm.sys ( i never had bsods with this file)
tcpip.sys (or this)

Minidump

Colif

Win 11 Master
AMDPPM = AMD Primary Process Module = your CPU drivers - might want to remove overclock
TCPIP = Transmission Control/Internet Control Protocol = This is what windows uses to talk to internet

did App store offer anymore drivers? i would update all it offers.

Run an anti virus scan as tcpip.sys can also be attacked by viruses

Avernite

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
This is very weird. I had no problems for 3 days (I am on vacation so i basically spend all my time in front of the PC).
And then I have 4 bsods in half a day out of nowhere.

Maybe something overheats in my hardware, because along with installing LAN drivers, I cleaned dust from everything thoroughly.
None of the software indicate any heat issues and i only have bsods when browsing and not when playing ... which makes the overheat theory unlikely...
Its weird, yo.

Don't think i have viruses either, as I reinstalled windows cleanly with formatting the hard drive several months ago and i still had bsods after that.
Anyway, I am running AVG scan right now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't actually read minidumps or I would look at them. Its possible there are newer chipset drivers for your motherboard on the AMD web site. Could look there.
Don't bother getting things you don't use

In case no one looks at this for a while, you can try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

Once it BSOD, as it will, run Bluescreenview again and see what driver it shows. It seems

warning: sometimes this causes a boot loop so it helps to have a win 10 installer USB to use to boot into safe mode and turn driver verifer off - it shows this in the instructions above. If yoiu don't have an installer, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Avernite

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

Thx. I will try that.
I do have a win10 usb still

Avernite

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
I have ran driver verifier.

It bsoded with the RTKVHD64.sys file. I googled what it was, found out it was related to realtek audio drive. So I went to device manager, and uninstalled all the audio device drivers, and restarted pc.

Then I ran driver verifier again.
Windows loaded normally and is running without problems so far.

I will w8 untill tomorrow to see if i get any more bsods, then I will try to reinstall audio drivers. Don't know what else to do

Thx again for advice, sorry it took me so long to do that =)

overall, look at what ever steel series device and check to see if there is a firmware update.
it could have firmware that does not match the driver which could cause memory corruption.
The corruption would be in different areas on each boot of windows. Basically, the corruption would wipe data that another driver is using.

--------

bugcheck was because the cpu tried to access memory location zero
and run instructions from location zero.
(null instruction pointer)

your likely causes will be hardware or your 3rd party programs:

ASRock RAM Disk Driver
SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AsrRamDisk.sys Mon May 19 02:56:13 2014

( GPU Tweak tool)
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\IOMap64.sys Wed Oct 22 17:52:12 2014
maybe:
SteelSeries Engine Device Factory Driver
https://steelseries.com/downloads (check for firmware updates for your device)
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ssdevfactory.sys Wed Oct 19 14:04:31 2016

Avernite

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

Thx for reply, i will look into RAMdisk.

Its unlikely to be steel series driver, because its my mouse, and ive got it a month ago
Same with GPUTweak. Got it a month ago when bought new gpu and other hardware. I had bsods long before that.

TRENDING THREADS