Favourite/best/must play games so far?

GodzAlba

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
I have some money to spend, so I thought let's buy some new games as I got bored from my old ones.
So what are some must play/best or even your favourite games so far?
Throw at me some titles!!

Solution
some of the oldies are classics..

rts...starcraft, warcraft, total annihilation
fps...unreal tournament, half-life, alien vs predator, team fortress classic
rpg... sacred, baulders gate, champions of norath, diablo
fighter... mortal combat

or some of the titles less than 10 years old are good too..

rts... planetary annihilation, supreme commander
fps... unreal tournament iii, overkill
rpg... reckoning, dungeon siege iii, dark kingdom, diablo iii, path of exile, sengoku basara, dragon age inquisition, terarria, minecraft
fighter... soul caliber 4, aquapazza

its hard to pick a favorite out of the list as i enjoyed all of them in their own way. some i have played much more than others.

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
If you're into shooters arma 3 is a must play. ( i think so anyway )

Some great singleplayer games: Just cause 2, Dying Light, Dishonored, MGSV Phantom Pain. Original mirrors edge.

Which of those have you played?

zquarebubbles

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Alright, do you guys have something to recommend to play with a friend? And I don't mean games like cs:go and LoL or any other competitive games but rather something fun in general or similar to don't starve?

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Dying light is a insanely fun parkour game with zombies.

Its kind of like a post apocalyptic mirrors edge.

zquarebubbles

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Just checked a gameplay video on youtube, definitely seems like a lot of fun. Might become a bit repetitive after a while but looks nice for sure! Thanks Deniedstingray.

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
It lasted me and a friend about 20 hours. We still play it but we have too many games. lol.

Another is warthunder. Its a free world war two combat game. Kind of like world of tanks. Except its good. :D
Im at 107 hrs played and the free to play grind hasnt even started yet. Its very well done imo.

It has land, air, and soon sea combat.

zquarebubbles

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Just saw a video on youtube on warthunder. It looks great but the way the guy who uploaded it talks... I bet he had thousands of hours in it. I have tried world of tanks but the matchmaking and the way it works isn't really fair so it was dropped pretty quick.

Flying around sounds awesome though!

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Warthunder is really fun because it isnt just hitpoints. It actually depends where you hit the person. World of tanks always felt really RNG and i never felt like i was controlling what was happening.

The little x-ray that appears after you shoot someone is super satisfying too. Its funny to look at it and watch a shell go through someones back. Sounds messed up. But it just feels so much better since the shell actually goes somewhere rather than disappearing and dealing a set number of damage.

Heres a funny clip of my friend ruining someones day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZeQZ-JY2UA

zquarebubbles

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Nice video, toxic play :D Would you describe the game as p2w or is it fair for those who don't play? I will try to convince my friend to play it with me since we ran out of games.

And yeah, WoT is pretty annoying with it's matchmaking and if they throw you in with higher level tanks you pretty much can't do anything but scout. And scouting won't be very easy as well because they have better range than you do. You can't do anything but enjoy your loss because it's one minute into the game and your team is already down to 4 tanks.

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
You can go 50-80 hours before it slows down.

But even after it slows down it is very doable. It isn't pay to win, it just takes time to progress like any other game. The way i look at it is that progression is perfectly fair. Every game takes time to work through. Just because some games have an option to pay it suddenly becomes pay to win.

Tip: If you do play, the Russian, German, And Japanese tanks are the best. The American and british tanks are often too boxy and easy to penetrate. Not sure about which side for planers though. I only play tanks.

I absolutely hate the free to play model. This is the only game ive ever been satisfied with that uses such a business method. Couldn't recommend it enough.

MasterChief86

Honorable
Dec 13, 2016
I'm a sucker for fighters and japanese-themed hack n slash titles. not a fan of FPS apart from BF and destiny. Classic beatem ups are ever-green for me and will forever have a special place in my heart.

Here are some of the titles i absolutely love.

Street Fighter II and III
KOF 98, XI, XIII and XIV
Destiny
Battlefield 4, HL and 1
COD: World At War
Ninja Gaiden 2
Devil May Cry 3 and 4
Guilt Gear
Tekken
NHL Titles
Overwatch
God Of War series
Prince of Persia PS2 Trilogy
Shadow of Colossus
The First and 2nd Assasins' Creed
Kinda liked Kane and Lynch 2 too.
All of the GTA series

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
The latest NHL's need to come out on PC ASAP :fou:

0ldsch00l

Notable
May 9, 2017
New games? I dont game like I used too, lost intrest only really play CSGO now. BUt last single player games that blew me away were new Wolfy remake, Hitman and ohh yeah GTA V even better then classic GTA III :D

some of the oldies are classics..

rts...starcraft, warcraft, total annihilation
fps...unreal tournament, half-life, alien vs predator, team fortress classic
rpg... sacred, baulders gate, champions of norath, diablo
fighter... mortal combat

or some of the titles less than 10 years old are good too..

rts... planetary annihilation, supreme commander
fps... unreal tournament iii, overkill
rpg... reckoning, dungeon siege iii, dark kingdom, diablo iii, path of exile, sengoku basara, dragon age inquisition, terarria, minecraft
fighter... soul caliber 4, aquapazza

its hard to pick a favorite out of the list as i enjoyed all of them in their own way. some i have played much more than others.

Solution

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

I've probably played NHL 08 more than any other game except maybe WoW and counterstrike lol.... the stick handling and shooting mechanics were so fluid and fun. If it came out I would buy 10 copies just to support them lol. Even though the 360 version sells for like $1 (literally) @ gamestop

TRENDING THREADS