BenQ Zowie XL2540 or IPS 144Hz?

Dracozar

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
I'm going to be playing alot of CS:GO ( I also play other games casually, but most of my time will be devoted to CS:GO) and was wondering if a 240 Hz monitor would be too overkill. If it is, what other monitor would you suggest?

Solution
Really it depends on what you consider a priority. High response time for twitchy gaming with eh quality color, or good color reproduction at the expense of response time. Also budget is a big factor.

If you care more about gaming, go for good TN panel 144hz monitor. Zowie gets a lot of love from the e-sports community. I have a friend with the XL2730 and loves the thing.

If you care more about color, then go for a good IPS panel. To get to the 144hz models you're going to be starting at a $550-$600 range and going up from there.

Cedsid

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
for cs:go it may be a bit over kill if your not a pro because u won't notice the difference between 60 or 144 Hz and cs: go runs on 120Hz so you won't use 144Hz and for that price u can play in 4k like with the LG 27UD68-P so your other game are gone be crisp .

Really it depends on what you consider a priority. High response time for twitchy gaming with eh quality color, or good color reproduction at the expense of response time. Also budget is a big factor.

If you care more about gaming, go for good TN panel 144hz monitor. Zowie gets a lot of love from the e-sports community. I have a friend with the XL2730 and loves the thing.

If you care more about color, then go for a good IPS panel. To get to the 144hz models you're going to be starting at a $550-$600 range and going up from there.

Solution

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I have the Zowie XL2730 myself and I don't ever see myself going back. It's hands down the very best monitor that I've ever used. I play a lot of Rocket Leage, Overwatch, CS:GO, and Binding of Isaac - and they all play wonderfully.