Corrupted Windows Explorer file

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I tried to copy a dvd movie to my hard drive and now my Windows Explorer won't open. I click on it and it does open but then closes right back down. I tried to do a system restore and the pc fails which is odd since it has several restore points.

Any help appreciated,
Cheryl

I did manage to go back in thru Dos and delete the directory I had made and the files, but it didn't help. However I was able to right click on the Explorer folder and when I went in there, the directory was still there...I deleted the files, then the directory and now I'm back in. I don't need help after all...whew!

Solution
by DOS I assume you mean Command Prompt as Windows hasn't run on DOS since Windows ME.

both should work I think, it might have been a permissions thing if you did it through CMD or powershell.

Win 10 has issues with DVD drives, I think a lot of it stems from the hardware drivers not being updated for Windows new driver signature requirements and Win 10 may just not use the right drivers for the device.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Yeah sorry.... :hap:
but I wonder why deleting the files thru DOS didn't work. Should've worked.
And why did creating a folder and adding files into it, mess up Windows Explorer...hmmmm

Colif

Win 11 Master
by DOS I assume you mean Command Prompt as Windows hasn't run on DOS since Windows ME.

both should work I think, it might have been a permissions thing if you did it through CMD or powershell.

Win 10 has issues with DVD drives, I think a lot of it stems from the hardware drivers not being updated for Windows new driver signature requirements and Win 10 may just not use the right drivers for the device.

Solution