How do these 3rd party companies obtain items to sell on Amazon

Kkody2

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016
So a couple days ago I purchased a "refurbished" razer keyboard on Amazon for $20 less of the original price because I needed to save as much as I could but I wanted a decent quality keyboard.
It is still in the preparing for shipment phase and I started wondering. I bought this from a third party company on Amazon (anchor electronics).. how does these companies obtain these items to refurbish. I always thought if someone returned their item, then sent it back to razer to fix it or whatever. (If you go to anchor electronics website it does not say anything about them refurbishing anything). So once I saw that I started getting worried and that I shouldn't have bought this keyboard.
Am I safe, like when I do get this item (estimated next week Tuesday-Saturday) will it likely be in good condition.
I know I can always return it if it is broken or something. But I don't want to have to go through that hassle.
Thanks for any replies.

Solution
They have agreements with 'suppliers/wholesalers'.
You order from "Anchor Electronics", they notify the supplier..."Send a keyboard to KKody"
"Anchor Electronics" may never even have or see any stock.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Or, they may actually have previously sold the unit off the shelf, some idiot decides after 3 minutes they don't like it and return the item. Anchor checks for working item, repackages correctly, seals it, but it's used, so can only sell as used/refurbished

Kkody2

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016
Thanks for your quick responses, I never got an email saying I got response so I didn't see them until now. This really makes me feel better about this order, although usually when I buy something on Amazon (not prime) it usually ships a couple days before the estimated shipping date. I ordered wednesday and it's been preparing for shipment since then, and the estimated deilivery is the day after its expected to ship.
I guess I honestly do not care how long it takes to get here as long is it isn't damaged and works as new. And as long as it isn't multiple weeks.

USAFRet

Titan
Regarding 3rd party sellers on ebay...

Last year I ordered some specialty cheese from a 3rd party seller on Amazon.
After a week, it didn't arrive.
Email, through Amazon..."Oh, we're sorry, blah, blah"
Wait, wait....multiple following emails..."Our supplier..." and "Shipping issues..."

But it was obvious from the tone and verbiage of the emails these this was not a 'food retailer', but rather just a middleman.
You order through them, they contact the actual seller/wholesaler...and then it gets shipped to you.
They were not actually in the "food" business, they never had any actual 'product'.

And if they really wanted to complete the sale, the 20 something at the other end of my emails could have gone down to Whole Foods, bought the exact same thing, and shipped it to me.

Eventually they refunded my money, but I remained chesseless. Until I went to Whole Foods on my own and bought it.

Kkody2

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016

This Anchor electronic's reviews on amazon are like 95% positive so i guess im not too worried, however, if it gets past the estimated shipping date (next monday) i will be a little worried. I don't want to have to deal with refunds and sending stuff back, i just want to get the product within when they said they would get it to me, get it in good condition, and move on with my life.

USAFRet

Titan

It will almost certainly be fine. No worries.

Kkody2

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016

i wanna clear things up because now im just curious
So I order this https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Blackwidow-Ultimate-2016-Refurbished/dp/B01LXOPFWP/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1491675028&sr=8-6&keywords=razer+blackwidow on april 5th
Anchor Electronics gets my order and lets an amazon warehouse know i bought it. The product is getting ready to be shipped (for 3 days now i guess) and then amazon ships out the keyboard to me and the funds go to Anchor electronics?
and does amazon refurbish the product or does it get sent back to razer for the "certified refurbishing" and then back to amazon?
I know this all doesn't matter, but now im just plain curious haha

USAFRet

Titan

It's already sitting on the shelf somewhere. Either at an Amazon warehouse, or elsewhere.
You order from Anchor, they tell Amazon, funds change hands, your product ends up in a box to you.

For the "refurb"...
"This Item is Certified Refurbished
This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look and work"

If these guys had a bad track record, Amazon would (probably) remove them from the authorized reseller list.
And from the link you provided...it is PrimeDeal, not Anchor Electronics.
But it doesn't really matter to you..."Fulfilled by Amazon" generally means it is sitting in one of the massive Amazon facilities, waiting to be shipped to you.

Kkody2

Reputable
Aug 12, 2016

I know what you mean when you say it says PrimeDeal, except when i purchased it it never said PrimeDeal or AnchorElectronics, at first i thought it was sold straight from a razer refurbishing company. After i ordered i looked in my tracking details where is say Preparing for shipment, and it says Seller: AnchorElectronics