Help! Random reboots, freezes, lockups

Big_Dogger

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
This has started just in the past three days. My computer is all fine and dandy when I'm at desktop then it will just freeze and lock up to the point to where I will have to either turn it off from the front button or flip the switch on the power supply. I then restarted the pc after that and it threw me a "FF" post code error type deal. So I look it up and it says it is a "CPU not initializing" error. So I make sure my CPU is well seated and installed correctly which it was and then plug the 8 pin back in. At first I thought I had an outdated version of my video drivers (Gigabyte R938 G-1Gaming) or a outdated version of Windows; both needed updated. All was fine and dandy for about 12 hours of operation except when I tried to load a game it just froze for about one-half of a second then restarted all the way to the bios screen. I am not on an overclocked CPU, RAM, GPU,etc. now it is to the point where it is pure luck to even boot at all. Any ideas on what is happening with my system? Please help! (I am on all latest updates of windows and GPU drivers, etc. also virus free.)

Big_Dogger

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
would it still need a bios update if the motherboard and cpu came out the same year and I downloaded the drivers from the MSI website April of last year? (both came out in 2014)?