Asus Laptop - Can't install usb 3.0 eXtensible host controlled driver

bsp21

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I'm not a native speaker.. so I'm sorry if i made mistakes.

Here's the problem. I wanted to check the properties and disable and enable the usb 3.0 driver amd I Stupidly and accidentally uninstalled the driver. suddenly the usb 3.0 port can't be used. from what i known that it will move to unknown device as usb port but i didn't see it. and when I check for the driver its only compatible with windows 8.1 and lower. I've tried to install the driver but it says something about your system doesn't blablabla minimum requirements. ive tried system restore and it failed. please help..

thanks in the future

Solution
i think the USB 3 drivers are part of windows itself.

try this
right click start button
choose command propmpt (admin) - I am assuming you don't have the creators edition, if you do, see below)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its complete, copy/paste this into same window (needs to be exact):
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter and restart PC

SFC cleans and fixes system files (USB may be one of them), DISM cleans the image files that SFC uses to compare, so if SFC finds files it cannot fix before running dism, try it again and restart PC.

Only do this if you have creators edition as its changed things a little

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and...

Colif

Win 11 Master
i think the USB 3 drivers are part of windows itself.

try this
right click start button
choose command propmpt (admin) - I am assuming you don't have the creators edition, if you do, see below)
once its complete, copy/paste this into same window (needs to be exact):
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter and restart PC

SFC cleans and fixes system files (USB may be one of them), DISM cleans the image files that SFC uses to compare, so if SFC finds files it cannot fix before running dism, try it again and restart PC.

Only do this if you have creators edition as its changed things a little

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter

SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Solution