How to change resolution?

Sri Siva Shankar

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
So I got this problem. I moved to a new city and I got my computer with me. I used my TV as monitor and the one I had in my previous place was a 1080. The one I have here is 720P. The computer won't go to windows login screen because of this resolution conflict. I cannot enter safe mode because I have a shitty wireless keyboard that gets turned on only after I get to windows log in screen but I can't get there because my TV can't handle more than 720p. I tried accessing my UEFI bios but I couldn't change the resolution there. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Solution
The easiest solution would be to borrow a keyboard from your neighbor. You could also try a different display output, that occasionaly changes the screen resolution to something lower.

Otherwise, you could try to use your computer 'blindly'. You'd control it with just the keyboard. For windows 10:
a) Wait until your computer is done booting and should be at the login screen. Enter your password and press Enter.
b) Wait for a bit to make sure everything is loaded. Press the windows button - this would bring up Search - and type "Change the screen resolution". Press Enter.
c) Your PC would now be at the resolution setting in the Settings app. Press Tab four times - this would select the Resolution dropdown menu - and press spacebar...

JochemR

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
The easiest solution would be to borrow a keyboard from your neighbor. You could also try a different display output, that occasionaly changes the screen resolution to something lower.

Otherwise, you could try to use your computer 'blindly'. You'd control it with just the keyboard. For windows 10:
a) Wait until your computer is done booting and should be at the login screen. Enter your password and press Enter.
b) Wait for a bit to make sure everything is loaded. Press the windows button - this would bring up Search - and type "Change the screen resolution". Press Enter.
c) Your PC would now be at the resolution setting in the Settings app. Press Tab four times - this would select the Resolution dropdown menu - and press spacebar. Press the down arrow a few times to make sure you'd be all the way down, and press the spacebar again. A lower resolution should now be selected.
d) Press Tab one more time and press Space. This should apply the new settings, you should be able to see something now.
DISCLAIMER: No guarantee this works, this would be the sequence for my PC's.

Solution