Help me Please. I can't choose between "7600K" and "7700"(Non K)

G

I looked "I7 7700K"s tests and sadly "7700K" has Temprature problems. Sometimes users seeinig "90+ Celcius" temp in tests...

Now i must decide between "7600K" or "7700" I want play games "2K Resolution" with Full settings. Money is not problem cause not huge difference. I want only good gaming CPU. Can you help me please. This is very important decision for me.

G

Sorry, i am talking about "i5 7600K"

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
They're both excellent gaming cpus... it just depends on what games you play. Sadly, all kaby lake cpus run hot. Best thing you can do about it is to pair it with a good air/water cooler, and case that isn't choked for air - the temps in your room also affect this, needless to say, no one wants to game in a hot, stuffy room...

The biggest thing separating these 2 cpus is the 7700 with it's four extra threads, but not all games will take advantage of them, essentially being somewhat of a money sink.

I just noticed you were looking at the '7600k' and '7700' NON K, or did you actually mean the K version. If it's the non k, then I'd say get the 7600k.
IMO, it's best to get the unlocked cpus/mobos as overclocking allows you to get more longevity out of your system than if you were to get the non-k. Sure, you pay a little more, but it pays for itself when you don't have to upgrade as frequently.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

You can also go for the k version as well. Just don't cheap out on the cooler. You're already aware that the kaby lakes run hot. Get a a good cooler, and problem solved. Get something cheap/low end, and yea, you will run into problems like on the link posted.

G

I want only O.C about Rams cause i will buy "Corsair 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200 Mhz Ram" ( Cause in default state Mobos cant see above 2400 Mhz ) ( And i will buy this motherboard : https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-K/ )

Other than i dont want O.C my CPU cause i dont want any "Out of Warranty" state...

And looks like "7700" (non K) is not locked in 3,6 Ghz. Cause intel's official site is saying "7700 (Nonk) can Turbo Boost Until 4,2 Ghz" :

http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/products/processors/core/i7-processors/i7-7700.html

Maybe i must buy "7700 (non K) Cpu cause this CPU has not heat problem and looks ideal for "Non Overclock" Users. But i am not sure :)

So, I've seen a few issues here with the 7700K running warm. If I wanted that performance but I was concerned about the heat I would RELEASE THE KRAKEN X62 https://www.amazon.com/Kraken-Liquid-Cooling-System-RL-KRX61-01/dp/B00L0YLJJG .

No worries about RAM clearance either. The horror stories concerning people buying a cooler and then buying RAM with 3 foot tall heatsink fins makes my skin-crawl.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

The non k can still run hot, especially with turbo boost. It will never run AS hot were you to get the k version and OC it.
So like this,if you POSSIBLY become interested in overclocking later, you can pair that Z270 mobo with the 7600k, or if it's a no-go, get the 7700(non-k) with either a H270 or B250 mobo.
Don't get the 7700 with the Z270, or you're just wasting money on a board with overclocking features.

jwcrellin

Reputable

Except for the fact he wants to run his ddr4 memory at 3200 megahertz.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Ah, I see, I overlooked that. My mistake. But still, OP's won't be getting money's worth with a non-k cpu, overclockable memory on a z series board.

In conclusion, I'd say the 7600k with the Z270 mobo the OP posted earlier is the way to go.

mrobscura

Prominent
Mar 9, 2017
i was in a similar predicament last year when i built my rig... 6700 vs 6600k. in the end i went with the 6600k because it allowed me to go with a better mobo, allowed me to oc and the 6600k was more than enough for my r9 390. also it allowed me to upgrade to a k series i7, which i just did to a 7700k. what gpu are you going with and what resolution will you be running? unless youre running a 1070 or better at 1080p an i5 is fine. but an i7 will last longer and allow for gpu upgrades without having to worry about bottlenecks.

if you can afford it id go with a 7700k and a z270 board and call it a day. a 7700k should last for years as long as its primarily gaming you are interested in. yes the 7700k runs hot, especially when running avx loads, even with a good cooler. i have a h115i and temps are high. but 7600k temps are as well. and theres really no reason to go locked cpu and z series board just for ram. the only time ram speed will make a difference is if your bottleneck is memory bandwidth because youre running say a 1080ti or titan xp at 1080p. if you go z series might as well get a k series chip, even if you dont oc it. you still get more speed plus multi core enhancement.

G

Ok guys, thank you very much for your helps. Yeah you are right. I think "7600K" is ideal for me. Cause as we can see even "7600k" and "7700K" is too close scores in games :

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1826?vs=1828

My GPU is "ASUS Strix GTX 970" ( Yeah sadly i was learn about 3,5 GB Memory problem when i bought this card 1 manth later. Curse to Nvidia this was a big betreyal to "GTX 970 users" :( ) And iwill buy "GTX 1170" or "GTX 1180" until iwill use this GPU...

My Case is "THERMALTAKE CORE V51" and "THERMALTAKE 80PLUS BRONZE 750W " is my Pc's PSU.

I thought "7700 NonK" has huge advantage in Games against 7600K. But i was looked some tests and i couldnt see big difference and maybe in future i will be use a little O.C for my CPU ( For example 3,8 to 4,0 GHZ) but in 2017 and 2018 i dont think this CPU will not need O.C...

Now i will buy :

1) Intel i7 7600K CPU

2) Asus PRIME Z270-K Intel Z270 3200MHz+ Motherboard

3) Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 Ram

4) Zalman ZM-STG2 Super Thermal Grease ( cause i think this Thermal Grease can be better than default grease)