My 2nd monitor [which is a TV] gets low quality and cropped out edges after opening a game

iAceDzn

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
For example, when I open a game, and my screen goes black for a second or two while it opens as it normally does, my 2nd monitor sometimes becomes as described above , with low quality and cropped out edges, and it is also way too bright. Resizing the monitor does nothing for the brightness or quality. The only two ways Ive found to fix it is to keep alt-tabbing out of my games to make my screen go black for a second or two and sometimes it restores itself, or to unplug and replug my HDMI cable, which is a pain. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

iAceDzn

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017

So I should set the monitor that gets messed up as my primary monitor? Wont that cause my games to open on that monitor instead of the one I want to play on?

iAceDzn

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017

You just read someone asking a question about a problem they have,which is why most people come to this forum? And I play some older games like Championship Manager 01/02 which dont have fullscreen windowed option.

kaiteck

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

U may wanna try using shiftwindow.

iAceDzn

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017

I'll give it a shot. But if its anything like Borderless Gaming I dont think it will work. Trying to use Borderless on it just made 2 small windows of the game appear on screen, but I'll try it. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS