Two monitors: VA + IPS or IPS + IPS?

Jaye__

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
Planning to get another display. Basically what I'm using is a laptop with a 17" IPS display. Now I want to have another and I'm thinking about getting a simple 24"/23" monitor. What I'm looking at are between the BenQ GW2470 and the ASUS VC239H. They're both at the same price range although one is a VA and the other IPS.

I've been reading and it seems that VA monitors are more suitable for the stuff that I do which is some video editing, visual effects and basic color grading since it has better contrast compared to IPS. Plus the display that I already have is an IPS anyways.

So is it advisable to have different kinds of monitors? Or should I just simply stick to the same kind?

Solution
I'd go with the better monitor and honestly not care about the type. People get too caught up into it when it's simple: better is better. Chances are both monitors are not going to look the same as your current one anyways. The benq seems to be better in every way.
I'd go with the better monitor and honestly not care about the type. People get too caught up into it when it's simple: better is better. Chances are both monitors are not going to look the same as your current one anyways. The benq seems to be better in every way.

Solution