Just updated to windows 10 64 bit from windows 7 32 bit and my computer is running games much slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffdog

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
I recently downloaded windows 10 64 bit from windows 7 32 bit so i can buy new games that require a 64 bit operating system. When i play old games that i could run fine on a 32 bit operating system the run very poorly now WITH the same graphic settings. All my files were deleted in this process so i had to re download software for my graphics and games and such. Does windows 10 64 bit require more ram than 32 bit windows 7? i don't have much ram and i think that's the problem. Here are my specs.
Processor: AMD Anthlon(tm) ll X4 645 processor 3.10 Ghz
Installed Ram: 4.00GB (DDR3) 401Mhz
Graphics Card: GTX 560 Ti Geforce
Operating system: Windows 10 pro 64-bit
Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 UCC (CPUSocket)

Any suggestions of what i could upgrade would be much appreciated and or tips. Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wouldn't have put win 10 on that PC, the Problem is simple. You have no win 8 or win 10 drivers, the newest OS your board supports is Win 7

Motherboard

Ideally you should have used Win 7 64 bit if you wanted that, the slow downs will be because your chipset unlikely to still be supported by win 10

64 bit can work fine with 4gb ram, if anything it gives you more as your gpu isn't using any of the 4gb as the memory addresses ram now uses on 64bit are so much higher than the actual amount of ram you have

Aman_James

Honorable
Jun 25, 2017
(My english is not good) First you need to understand that in technology, every new thing is not good or better than old.

Windows xp was the great os made by microsoft and still many people are using it. when windows vista released and everyone starts hating it because it was slow, laggy and fill with bugs and people who got pre install windows vista in their pc or laptops, are always try to search the way to downgrade their pc into xp. After few years microsoft released an upgraded version of vista and named it windows 7 which was the best os made by microsoft after xp. after some years microsoft released windows 8 which was faster little powerful and more optimized than windows 7 but no ones likes it because of its crappy ui and compatibility issues. microsoft tries to fix the ui and compatibility problems, so they launched another os in the market called windows 8.1 but people decided to stick with windows 7. After some years microsoft released another os called windows 10 which looks great and it has direct x 12 support, improved ui and so many other festures but this os is same as windows vista, it lags, freez and crashes. I read many articles about windows 10 and everybody is complaining about that their pc is become slow after upgrading it into windows 10. Microsoft is working on windows 10 maybe its possible that they can optimize it as windows 7 but currently windows 10 has so many bugs.

In my opinion windows 8.1 is much much better than windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.