Remote access via hotspot with no internet

furlongphoto

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hi,

I'm trying to gain remote access to my ship's computer (an Aleutia R50) via my Lenovo W540, both running W10.

I run a hotspot via a Samsung Tab2, which is my primary network. I do this so all devices can access the ship's computer. I run Kodi and Foobar on the ship's computer so I have remote access on my smartphone via various apps, all successful.

I tried running Connectify on the ship's computer but none of my Android devices could maintain a connection (known issue). Running the Tab2 as the primary hotspot gets round this problem so the ship's computer and my devices all connect to that.

Neither the Tab2 nor the ship's computer have internet access.

When I try remote access my Lenovo claims that the ship's computer is either not turned on or does not have remote access switched on. It does.

Firewall is set to allow remote connection.

I tried creating a workgroup on ship but the Lenovo could not see it. I tried the other way round with no success.

I've tried Teamviewer in LAN mode but my Lenovo won't connect to the correct IP address.

Is it possible to remotely access ship via the Tab2's hotspot? I'm sure it must be as I can access ship via my smartphone and its apps.

Any pointers gratefully received, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS