"CACHE_MANAGER" BSOD crash?

windowstoned

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hello! First time posting, long time reader. Great community; thankful for the help over the years!

Have been receiving a BSOD due to a "CACHE_MANAGER" error. There is no stop code on the blue screen...only that "CACHE_MANAGER" is to blame.

I've performed a clean install of Windows 10 (have been meaning to anyway), but continue to receive this error.

I ran a MemTest86 diagnostic on my memory and everything PASSED. No errors found.

Been keeping an eye on Task Manager...I see that "Cached" is a monitored section. The GBs increase once I perform an install of an application/game or download something. Once the GBs go past 13GB or so, the computer will crash and show me the "CACHE_MANAGER" BSOD.

I'm assuming maybe something is up with my RAM? I've got 2x8GB Kingston sticks that have been working fine for the past five years. Maybe I need an upgrade...!

Thanks for any help!

Cody

Solution
Possible this CBDisk.sys is causing it. It's 7 yrs old Eldos CallbackDisk Virtual Storage Driver

Either uninstall it or update it. I would uninstall Daemontools. It's a known cause of crashes

What does this belong to?? SleepStudyHelper.sys

It looks like Macdrive can cause this stop error

Look at post 7 . MDFSYSNT.sys is on your hdd, same stop error

Is the latest version of Macdrive installed?

If you paid for Macdrive, I would contact Mediafour and tell them it's causing a 0x00000034 stop error

You're the 2nd person who's posted dmp files and the date/time stamps are weird. Some drivers are dated in the future

Some drivers have dates of 2041, 2087, 2020

windowstoned

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

http://

First time doing this; hope that worked!

Also used BlueScreenView to see what it could tell me...ntoskrnl.exe+16bf70 has caused the BSOD the past three crashes.

Ordered new RAM on Amazon just to be safe. Arriving Monday.

Possible this CBDisk.sys is causing it. It's 7 yrs old Eldos CallbackDisk Virtual Storage Driver

Either uninstall it or update it. I would uninstall Daemontools. It's a known cause of crashes

What does this belong to?? SleepStudyHelper.sys

It looks like Macdrive can cause this stop error

Look at post 7 . MDFSYSNT.sys is on your hdd, same stop error

Is the latest version of Macdrive installed?

If you paid for Macdrive, I would contact Mediafour and tell them it's causing a 0x00000034 stop error

You're the 2nd person who's posted dmp files and the date/time stamps are weird. Some drivers are dated in the future

Some drivers have dates of 2041, 2087, 2020

Solution

windowstoned

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your suggestions.

Went ahead and removed MacDrive...issue is resolved! Switched RAM around, too, which apparently wasn't needed... :)

E-mailed Mediafour and informed them of the issue.

Any technical reason why MacDrive is causing the crash? Is it a memory leak? I was reading something about there not being enough "non-paged" or "paged" pool memory? A bit over my head... :D

Appreciate all the help!

windowstoned

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

Woohoo! :bounce:

Mediafour ended up sending me an "MDFSYSNT.sys" file to replace in my System32/drivers folder. All is okay now!