new monitor suggestions

toxin9

Honorable
Apr 16, 2015
well i upgraded my pc. after buying the gtx 1080 i need to replace my old 1080p monitor. I want a 144hz, 1440p monitor preferably with g-sync. I already bought the Asus PG278Q a few days ago, and it had a dead pixel. so i replaced it and got another one with a dead pixel and a pretty horrible back light bleed. so i returned that one and i'm getting my money back. so basically, after thinking i did all my research right i'm back to square 1. I'm thinking about getting the Asus PG278QR because i heard they released that one to fix all the problems the Q version had. is it true? i'm asking you if there's some other monitor roughly in the same budget I've overlooked.

P.S: IPS panels in the same budget area are a problem. here every TN monitor costs about 140% of it's costs in America, and for some reason the IPS panels cost 160%. so obliviously i can't buy the acer predator because even though it costs less than the asus model in the states, here it costs 300$ more.

toxin9

Honorable
Apr 16, 2015

it's waaay beyond my price range. also, i don't think that with a 1080 i'll be able to game at 4k with more than 60 fps, so 144hz with 4k doesn't make much sense. i need a 144hz 1440p monitor. i'm a bit scared buying the pg278qr since many people have been complaining about the viewing angles, and dead pixels and back light bleed. i already bought one and had to return it, only to buy another one and having to return it too. so right now the only one i see is the pg278qr but im afraid it'll have the same problems. why did they do a refresh of the model? was it to fix certain problems the Q version had?

TRENDING THREADS