Gigabyte's Latest Ryzen-Ready Motherboards Use X370, B350, And A320 Chipsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
The discrete graphics requirement probably has held back development of mini-ITX boards for AM4. That form factor will probably wait until the new generation of ZEN based APUs is coming to market.

Glock24

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2014
Maybe, but Mini-ITX systems can also have dedicated GPU. I currently have a Skylake i5 and a GTX 970 in a Silverstone Ds308 that does triple duty as work, gaming and NAS machine. You don't need a big case and/or motherboard, what most people need is already integrated. The only limitation I can think of by going with a small board is the number of memory slots.

Jagwired

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2015
Biostar has a X370 Mini-ITX board, but it hasn't been released yet. I'm waiting for Mini-ITX boards and Vega to be released. I want my next system to be Mini-ITX with a Ryzen 1700 and Vega GPU.

alextheblue

Distinguished
For the average non-gaming user, I'd like to see some A300 ITX boards. Compact, low power, and inexpensive. But as was pointed out above by epobirs, it's unlikely to happen prior to the release of the Raven Ridge APUs. I'm hoping they'll have options that span a wide range from low-power (perfect for someone like my dad) to something with discrete-like graphics performance - for compact builds with a little bit of muscle.

Ramin rostami

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
1-dont forget ryzen is very smooth , light because graphic card,mouse,keyboard,m2 directly connect to cpu (in intel not goes cheapset)

2- game use max 2 core, 4 threat , so in 1600 , 8 threat sleep ,,,for this ryzen's cpu always under 50%(some stupid think it is bottleneck!!!! so how ryzen run 1080ti)

Ramin rostami

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
1-dont forget ryzen is very smooth , light because graphic card,mouse,keyboard,m2 directly connect to cpu (in intel not goes cheapset)

2- game use max 2 core, 4 threat , so in 1600 , 8 threat sleep ,,,for this ryzen's cpu always under 50%(some stupid think it is bottleneck!!!! so how ryzen run 1080ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.