Network card locking up windows 10

Jamiemarshall93

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
Recently acquired a desktop sporting a 6300, 970a, 8gb ram and a 270x. Replaced the hdd with a ssd and done a fresh 10 installation.

Updated only the mobo bios and installed the r9 200 display drivers.

Bought a tp link pcie card and couldn't get it to work properly. Tried the chipset drivers and the tp link utilities drivers.

Now 10 almost freezes after login and everything is completely unresponsive.

I've done a memory diagnostics test, checked the ssd for bad sectors and
Nothing seems to be wrong with the memory or the ssd. I don't think it's hardware because everything suddenly locks up after trying to install this network card.

Information is quite vague as I'm not very good at description but any help would be very much appreciated

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
It's very likely that your MOBO manufacturer simply doesn't have the driver for your Network Card. In cases like these you should check that one's available.

Before changing drivers, you might want to take a backup of your PC. Recommend a snapshot tool like RollBack Rx or a disk imager like Macrium Reflect.

Jamiemarshall93

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017

Thank you for the response. I apologise for replying late but I had no idea anyone responded until I checked my emails. The MOBO (Gigabyte) had no issues finding the TP-Link drivers but for whatever reason would constantly lose connection every 2-3 minutes and often would result in completely losing the default gateway. I have since bought one of their powerline adapters and have had no problems since.

I tried generic drivers from the vendor and then specific chipset drivers on the wireless card but just decided to scrap it. I did notice something strange - I would constantly get the watchdog BSOD error when using the card and I can only assume it was relating to the drivers of the card?